Well, it’s official – the holiday season is here! Get ready for both small and large gatherings. I’d like to give you a few tips on how to prepare your home for the holidays to help make it even more enjoyable and festive:
1. Make sure to remove any items you won’t be needing over the holidays for example now is a great time to declutter by recycling old newspapers, magazines, mail that has piled up, straighten up counter tops and put away items you won’t be using to give additional counter top space and move out any old furniture. You can donate, recycle and lastly throw out anything you won’t be using in the future.
2. Clear out the Entryway: If that welcome mat is worn out, now is a good time to replace it with a fresh, new one (both inside and out). Clear out shoes, umbrellas and any clothes you have been storing in the entry way closet to make room for your guests and add hooks in the entryway or hall closet for your guests to store their coats and purses. A decorator friend of mine has added shelving in the hallway closet for guests to place their bags and I think that is a clever idea!
3. Stock bathrooms with toilet paper, tissue, towels and toiletries for guests to use while they are visiting. If you don’t have enough countertop or shelf space, place them in baskets to make them easily accessible to guests.
4. Make sure you have plenty of outdoor lighting so that guests can easily make it to your front door. Decorations can add quite a bit of light, so if you have limited lighting try adding some extra light with holiday lights.
5. Lastly, enjoy this holiday season with your family, friends, loved ones and be kind to strangers. (Some information gotten from an article by Lisa Kaplan Gordon at HomeLogic) If you are considering selling your home and want to know what it is worth, please give me a call at 727-298-8888. If you are considering buying a home or an investment property, give me a call, I’d love to discuss this with you. We at Lauren Michaels Real Estate Partners wish you a wonderful holiday season filled with joy and we look forward to hearing from you.
Call us at 727-298-8888 or email me at terriLMREP@gmail.com.
Thank you and see you soon!
Leave a Reply ·